If you’re looking for a triple chocolate cookie recipe, look no further, I have you covered.
That’s right, these cookies are triple chocolate, who wouldn’t want more chocolate?
These cookies contain white, milk and dark chocolate chips which are studded throughout the chocolate dough. If you like chocolate, you will LOVE these cookies.
As mentioned above, these cookies are super simple to make and don’t require a lot of time or ingredients to make a batch. You’ll have your baked cookies all done in under 60 minutes, who doesn’t want cookies that don’t take a long time to make? Who wants to spend a majority of the day in the kitchen? I know I don’t and can guess that you don’t want to either, if you use my recipe, you won’t have to!
Before you get into making the cookies, you’ll want to do a bit of prep work. Start by preheating your oven to 180˚c/350˚f, weighing up all your ingredients, this will stop you from making mistakes later on and faffing about and finally, line a baking tray with some greaseproof/parchment paper and set them aside.
To start on the cookies, you’ll want to place your butter, light brown sugar and granulated sugar into your mixing bowl of choice (I went ahead and used my stand mixer bowl but feel free to use whatever you have or prefer) and beat them together just until combined, this doesn’t take very long. You can then add your eggs, one at a time, beating well in-between each addition. Make sure you allow each egg to fully incorporate into the mixture before adding the next egg, otherwise you may curdle the mixture. Once your eggs have been fully incorporated, give your bowl a good scrape down, this is to incorporate any bits that may not have been fully worked in earlier on.
Next you’ll want to add in your plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, passing them through a sieve first to remove any big lumps that may not pass through easily. The mix in the dry ingredients over a low-medium speed just until a dough forms, then stop, you don’t want to over-mix the dough. Add in roughly about 3/4 of your white, milk and dark chocolate chips and mix them in just so they are well distributed (reserve the other 1/4 to finish them).
Take your cookie scoop and scoop up two balls of the cookie dough and roll them together into one larger ball and place onto your lined baking tray, leaving space in-between each cookie as they will spread while baking (they don’t spread a lot but enough anyway). Onto a standard baking tray I place 6 balls of cookie dough but place them accord to your tray, you can then place the tray into the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes or until they are well spread and look a little more baked around the edge compared to the centre.
When they are baked, remove from the oven and place onto your worktop and while they are still hot/warm, you’ll want to finish them. To finish the cookies all you need to do is place the reserved chocolate chips onto each cookie, for me I place around 3 of each chocolate chip onto each cookie, but use what you have left regardless of whether its a lot or none.
Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack, to cool completely cool.
Once the cookies are cooled, you can enjoy them. They are best enjoyed on their own or with a hot drink.
150g Granulated sugar.
150g Light brown sugar
320g Plain flour.
30g Cocoa powder.
1 tsp Baking powder.
1/4 tsp Salt.
100g White chocolate chips.
100g Milk chocolate chips.
100g Dark chocolate chips.
- Do some prep work. Preheat your oven to 180˚c/350˚f , weigh up all your ingredients and line your baking trays with greaseproof/parchment paper.
- To start the cookies, place your butter, granulated sugar and light brown sugar into your mixing bowl and beat them together, just until they are combined.
- Add your eggs into the bowl, one at a time beating well in-between each addition. Repeat with your second egg.
- Once your eggs are fully incorporated, you’ll want to add your dry ingredients in but first, you’ll want to pass them through a sieve. Into your sieve add in your plain flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, this helps to sort out any big lumps that wouldn’t pass through.
- Once all the dry ingredients have been added, incorporate them by mixing them in over a low-medium speed just until a dough has formed, try not to over-mix.
- Add in 3/4 of your white, milk and dark chocolate chips, reserving a 1/4 to finish them off once baked. Mix them in over a low-medium speed just until they are well dispersed throughout the dough, then you’re finished mixing the dough.
- Take your cookie scoop and scoop up 2 balls of dough per cookie. Roll the dough between your hands to round it off and place it on your lined baking tray – I got 6 onto a standard baking tray but work with what trays you have.
- Place the baking tray into the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes (remove one they look more baked around the edges, so check after the 10-12 minute mark and see. All ovens are different and will vary with baking times so keep an eye on them.
- Once fresh out the oven, place a few each chocolate chips onto the top of each cookie just to add some more chocolate, because why not? (do you really need a reason to add more chocolate into triple chocolate cookies? Hmmm…)
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely before enjoying (although they are amazing while slightly warm).
Thank you so much for checking out this recipe, I hope you enjoy it and get to make it soon!
Leave a Reply